Thursday, July 14, 2011

The world of advertising

I have always been very intrigued in advertising and graphics. I have done a few things here and there with graphics but nothing major. I am always around when my boss makes ads for the furniture store and originally thought it would be fun to create one of my own. However, I quickly became intimidated as there is a specific look and way he likes the ads. Yesterday he decided to have me start messing with an ad, gave me all these thoughts/directions and then left for the day. Oh boy was I overwhelmed. I do okay in photoshop but I am definitly not a pro at it. After messing around with the ad for quite a few hours I finally finished and sent it to him for his review. He actually liked it a lot, but we tweaked a few things on it to create a better looking ad. The ad was almost even used for print in Just Out! Unfortunately some of the images were not high enough quality for print. Overall I think it turned out quite well, if I do say so myself :)


2 comments:

  1. Wow Kristen, if that is your first try at designing ads, I'm super impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Gus (the vendor) even liked it!

    ReplyDelete