Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Gold Love Part Two- DIY



Remember my Gold Love post awhile back? Love the look but hate the price? Here are some easy and inexpensive ways to get the look without spending a ton!
Grab some spray paint! Spray some branches and then display them in a vase (I’m dying to do this), spray an old box, a bar cart, or some random objects.

bookend craft
Or you could get some gold washi tape and use it to decorate vases, trays and boxes. Remember when I posted this tutorial showing how to make a mason jar pen/pencil holder?
SONY DSC
Photo by Kristen Peterson
Pick up some clear glass vases at the dollar store or thrift store and paint them. I recently bought some vases and tried painting them with gold using a few techniques for a friends bridal shower. I loved how the polka dot vases turned out and they were super easy I just used the end of paint brushes and some acrylic paint! I wanted to try doing the dipped look but didn’t have enough paint or a good container to dip it in. I wouldn’t put them in the dishwasher though as the paint may come off (or buy glass paint).
edit-4
                          Photo by Kristen Peterson
edit-5
                                Photo by Kristen Peterson
PS- sorry I don’t have any pretty pictures with flowers in them! My nice camera was left in Bend unfortunately.
OR Tape off your vase/bowl at an angle and spray paint
42c41fdef33ec12c754a803daafc3a02

Also you can use glitter to add gold any old accessories you have or something you picked up at a garage sale or thrift store.

glitterjars1

Have you done any gold DIY projects? Any you are wanting to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment