Thursday, September 26, 2013

Wine Country


I have always wanted to get out and visit vineyards and go wine tasting. Just outside of Portland there are tons of vineyards and tasting rooms in Yamhill county. Yet I had only been twice. Recently one of my dear friends invited a group of us to go wine tasting at Duck Pond Cellars outside of Dundee, Oregon. I loved tasting the different varieties of wines, but I loved even more the tour of the facilities. I find it quite fascinating to see how things are made. Although most of the operation was not running on this Sunday afternoon, we were able to see a fresh set of grapes going through the auger getting mashed up. After having such a fun day with the girls, I decided I must go back soon! I really want to do a full vineyard tour and be able to photograph the beautiful landscape.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC
All photos taken by Kristen Peterson.

No comments:

Post a Comment