Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pumpkin and Halloween Decorating


Decorating the house for the holidays is always fun! A lot of decorations can be a bit cheesy though so I wanted to create a look that wasn’t too cheesy or creepy. I really don’t like carving pumpkins so after a bit of inspiration {previous post} I decided to paint my pumpkins with gold polka dots. It was super simple, I washed the pumpkin, then had to remove some of the stem as I picked them from the pumpkin patch and then used a gold sharpie paint pen to paint polka dots of various sizes directly on the pumpkin. Note to others, do not ask your boyfriend/husband/significant other to help remove any extra large stems as they may decide to use an angle grinder and chop nearly the whole thing off (luckily not my fingers!)
SONY DSC
SONY DSC
SONY DSC
SONY DSC
                      SONY DSC
SONY DSC
SONY DSC
In the above photo, I used a picture of some pumpkins I took a few years back and did some  photoshop editing to create the look I wanted, printed out and framed. Then in the white frame I printed out a Halloween subway art printable I found last year. Sorry, I’m not sure the source right now, but there are lots available via pinterest.

In case you missed my previous post, check out the adorable burlap stenciled Halloween sign I made. Happy decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment