Sunday, December 1, 2013

Gold Glitter Deer Artwork

 

SONY DSC

I have seen several images floating around Pinterest showing gold deer or reindeer art and really wanted to make it. I already had a canvas, craft glue, a pencil, a paintbrush and cardstock. I stopped by Michaels and picked up some gold glitter and got to work. I found a deer image by Googling deer silhouette, then printed it out on some cardstock. I cut out the deer image and lightly traced it onto my canvas. I then used some “glitter glue” that came with a set I had to cover the entire area of the deer. Unfortunately there wasn’t quite enough, I should have added more craft glue but instead I applied the glitter. I was sadly disappointed when awhile later I took the glitter off and I had all these empty spots. My biggest suggestion is to thoroughly cover the area with an even coat of glue. I continued adding glue to the empty spots and applying more glitter. I had to go through this several times and then my lovely boyfriend decided he wanted to help and add eyes and a mouth to it. Really?! This just caused nice clumps on it. Finally I applied a thorough and even coat of glue to the entire thing and coated it with glitter. I let the glitter sit in place for awhile to really get adhered. When I finally shook the glitter off I had my complete gold glitter deer art work. It turned out to take way longer than it should have but I love the result!

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

I think this project would be pretty cute to do with any silhouette. If you wanted to create a holiday one you could do an ornament, tree, snowflakes, gifts, a bow, etc. Have fun crafting and glittering!

PS Glitter has been banned from the house now after this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment