Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Recipe Review: Crunchy Parmesan Ranch Chicken


SONY DSC
I just posted a recipe for the Crispy Chicken a few weeks back. I loved that recipe and have since found a similar one. I just made it and it is oh so delicious! Thanks to Erin from How to Nest for Less for providing such a yummy recipe I found on Pinterest! It’s a very easy and quick recipe to make.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 cups crushed cornflakes
  • 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 packet dry Ranch dressing mix
  • 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine – melted
DIRECTIONS:
Mix together crushed cornflakes, parmesan cheese and ranch powder package in a container large enough to put your chicken pieces in.
Cut chicken breasts in strips (or chunks) and dip in butter. Then coat with parmesan cheese, ranch and cornflake mixture. Try to cover nearly all the surfaces.
Either place chicken on a baking stone, or in a pan sprayed with olive or vegetable oil. If there are bare spots that the mixture hasn’t fully covered, you can always sprinkle another layer of the mixture on top. Depending on the size and thickness of your pieces, you will bake for 20- 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Just be sure the chicken is cooked through.
I thought the chicken turned out amazing! I used fresh parmesan cheese which I think made it a bit too greasy. In the original recipe she used Kraft parmesan cheese which is pretty dry and powdering so I would suggest trying this type of parmesan cheese versus the shredded fresh cheese that is next to the cheddar shredded cheeses. I also think the greasiness could have been from dipping this in butter, next time I will use egg whites, much healthier!



No comments:

Post a Comment